Amazing David

Amazing David

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Emotions vs Practicality...


“ Break free from the chains that shackle each soul through the binding links of fear, greed and indifference...”

Recently I have been told, both directly and indirectly, that I need to be more practical in life ! I still consider myself to be a struggling entertainer who quit his schooling right after high school and chose to become a professional magician. I may be referred to as “Illusionist” now, but at one time its was “magician”, that I wanted to be!
 Man is an animal and as an animal we are blessed with a basic instinct. Sometimes you have to trust that gut feeling and jump! First leap of faith, quit studies... Second big leap of faith, quit my call center job.. Third big leap of faith..Ignore job offers from the UK,.. This list can go on. Every time I jumped, either the universe caught me in a net or gave me wings to fly.
 Today, I am proud to say that I am known name across the Nation if not the Globe. I as a person can not separate Emotions and Work. I work from the Heart. If I wasn't emotional I would not have been the performer or person I am today! I would not have achieved what I have today.
If I had possibly chosen to be practical, today I would have had a steady job, big bank balance, a car and more! But I would have been unhappy... and I choose to be happy! I know tons of practical people who earn a lot and yet are not happy with their lives. They say it’s more comfortable to cry in a Merc than on a bicycle but if I have to cry I would rather cry in the rain with my bare soles mixing with the Earth!  I may sound mean, but here is a little something for the practically unhappy people...

I guess there would be no Harry Potter if J K Rowling chose to be practical... there would be no Rocky if Sylvester Stallone would have been practical, there would not have been countless KFCs across the globe if the old Colonel hadn't been emotional!
Dreams do come true!

See what Criss Angel has to say... 

I may have an untidy home, no car, not enough in the bank... but I do what I love, I spread smiles, and I am happy... and isn’t that what life is all about??

Until Next time..

Don’t loose the Magic in Life...

Amazing David!


PS: Rant Over !


PS 2.0; Thank you Ruqaiyah for helping me put this together.. it's been years since I've written and I needed some polishing up ! 

4 comments:

  1. Your story is really inspiring for me because even I have left a high paying refinery job to pursue my passion. Seeing you gives me hope that anything is possible if you try. Thank you David.

    Kunal Newar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kunal,
      I'm glad I could be of some help. Believe in yourself and believe in Magic!
      God bless always!
      David.

      Delete
  2. Just wanna say.. Thank God you did not change!! Practical is boring and lifeless... You are amazing n ya crazy (the good crazy-crazy).. keep flying high...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tinzy !! may you fly higher.. a long as u don't poop on me ! God bless !

      Delete